Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My muscles are very confused

Little bit of catching up. My second Computrainer class was great and my hip flexors complained for two days! That is when I know it is good! I rode over to the family Thanksgiving across town on Thursday. A very nice hour and a half ride and because I was going straight east for the most part I had a fabulous tail wind the whole way- woohoo! For those who try to balance family and training this was one of those occasions that can serve everyone. If you are planning a family outing you can either ride out to meet them or drive out with bike in tow and ride back. I understand about limited time and it is fun to find creative ways to serve everyone.

I had a much longer to do list over the days following Thanksgiving than time to accomplish them all. I was able to go out on Saturday and take a couple of our young dogs in the buggy behind the bike. We have two 6 month olds who are distemper survivors. They both still have lasting neurological damage with muscle twitches in their hind quarters but are able to still run and get around just fine. My special girl Paddy was first but it did not take long down the trail before she was whining and just seemed not to have a good time. I turned around and took Kody out. He was quiet and looking around and we were out for an hour total. I hope to take him out again so he can get exposed to different things.

Sunday was another cross training day. That means I dug a 150' long trench to run new power lines and conduit out to our gate opener. Yikes, unaccustomed activity. As an infomercial I was watching for a fitness product called it- muscle confusion. Just as Graeme says, you can't keep doing the same thing over and over. So, if I need to dig again in a week or two, I am more ready. But I hope not.

Now I am in the middle of a long road trip for business, then fly to San Diego for a conference, then back to work out of town next week. This is really putting a dent in training schedule as there is no schedule. I expect the rest of today and the next two days to go from 7 am to 11pm. Not much time off in there. I will get up early tomorrow and hope that wifi in the hotel fitness room is working for Graeme's spin class. Should be interesting, but I am committed now in continuing to move forward. This morning I got up and had time for some stretching and the first On the Go 15 minute circuit. Perfect for a hotel room.

Things will be busy but I will attempt to keep up posting and updates as I travel across the country.

No comments: