Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 steps forward, 3 steps back

Sunday I had another good ride with the ladies and felt pretty good. I know I am still out of shape when I only ride 55 miles and have to go home and take a nap, but it was a good day. We had a small group of 8 and I even tried to get everyone doing a rotating paceline on a good safe road into a headwind. I think we all had fun learning a new skill.

I had a board meeting for my ladies cycling club Monday night and afterward I brought dinner home from the same place- just a couple of vegetarian wraps. Well, right after we ate we both felt sick. I even tried to go ahead and throw up Monday night but nothing came up, not until almost 5 pm on Tuesday (needless to say I called in sick to work). My partner runs an animal rescue out of the house so at minimum puppies had to be let out to potty etc. She dragged herself around somehow. My back was sore from neck to butt I guess from all the toxic stuff I needed to get rid of. Anyway, I felt a little better this morning but still only made it through a half a day at work today.

So, I keep hoping to get back into things but am still really wiped out- not caring to eat anything will do that. I have accepted that I will not ride in tomorrow either as I don't think I am up to it, but hopes are high for Thursday and Friday. I tell you what- I just don't bounce back as quickly now that I am in my mid 40's as I did a few years ago! Ce la vie- I hope I am smarter and I am sure I am happier.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I hope you feel better. What a bum deal on what sounds like some food poisoning to me. Scary stuff!

I am enjoying your blog.

I had a nice ride with 2 girlfriends today. They are a bit faster than me so I am quite tired this evening.

I would love be be able to climb hills like those gals. I need to get on the stick with Cyclo-core.

Heal fast!