Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Best Laid Plans

So, um on the commuting front. Not so much lately! I lost last week to stomach problems. I am still taking things a little gingerly with my stomach but there is great improvement. No, this time it is outside forces but I am still happy. My partner runs an animal rescue out of the house. One of the feral cats who does not let us touch her got pregnant. Last week she had 5 babies but is so shy that she has not been feeding them. We took over feedings every 2 hours round the clock but we have lost 3 of the litter of 5. Then while at another county animal shelter there were 3 more kittens, about the same age but much stronger that were going to be put down. So, if you are already feeding 3 or 4, what is the difference to add 3 more!

What does this have to do with my commuting? Well, in exchange for only having to get up once or so in the middle of the night I take the babies in to work and take the day shift. So, driving to work it is. I hope to negotiate maybe one day a week to ride to work, but hey- how often do you get to hand feed less than week old kittens and give them the best chance to thrive? I am grateful for the opportunity to help out so I have been doing some Quicong exercises and core work in the evenings. They should be weaned in about 3 more weeks, so I will give up a little commuting time for a short while. I am looking forward to riding this weekend and going up to Gainesville Sunday.

No comments: