Monday, October 20, 2008

Upping the mileage

Sunday was a great ride 80 miles, a little cooler, and a whacking great tailwind on the way back. I keep feeling better than I think I should as I rode strong. I need to do the core work as I feel my form slipping when I get longer into the ride. I think the commuting even though it has dropped off a little lately must be helping.

Saturday was a crazy day busy at home and running errands. We went down to Ft. Wilderness at Disneyworld with the family and I brought the single speed just to do a little riding- out to the cabin and around with the nephews. Today I had to get up early and drive out to the west coast of FL. I wound up having to stay overnight.

Traveling for work is tough and makes it challenging to stay on track fitness and eating-wise. I sat down to get a take out dinner and had a beer while I was waiting. I succumbed to the chips and salsa too. The beer put me about over the edge as I walked back with dinner. I decided that I had to do something and I put dinner in my room and did at least 15 minutes of stair climbing.

I have been thinking about how to make things simple. I love watching people people cruise the parking lot of the gym to get the closest parking spot so they can go in and use these expensive machines. I realized after I worked on a construction site and climbed stairs every day that my climbing stamina on the bike had gotten much better. That is why I like Graeme's workouts using body weight and challenging your own stability. So, I will keep looking for ways to do the simple things even on the road to keep active a little, if only to work off the beer at dinner! Salut.

No comments: