Friday, October 3, 2008

Flats, abs, and centuries

Well, got a few things to catch up on. I rode in to work on Wednesday and had a flat a mile from home. I REALLY have to check them before I leave! When I was ready to leave to go home, it was flat again though I could not find the leak this time. So, I pumped it up and it was flat again by the time I got home. I am running Slime Liners in that wheel but I may have to put in Slime Tubes and get really serious about this. Maybe a problem in the rim as well. Whatever, I will figure it out.

Yesterday I drove so I could run some errands after work. I had just watched Graeme's Advanced Core in 5' so I stopped by a Play it Again Sports to look around. They had an ab bench for $9.99 and I almost went home with it but without prior discussion I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, so we will talk about it ;-)

I did do the On the Go light workout and Loose in 5' late last night, right before heading to bed. I am still having some pain in my hips so I am keeping things light for now and will ramp up later. I have been kicking over in my head about a training plan but since I have been challenged with my motivation lately I will keep it easy like this for a while. My goals are to ride to work 2 -3 days a week, do 2 core workouts a week, and for the next month work in the weekends with a group of women riders aiming for their first century. Yes, this is FL so we are just moving into our high century season. Boy I just love that!

Longer range than that there is an event in mid February here in FL at Sebring. It is flat and good for me and is usually the first event on the Ultracycling Calendar. It is a 12 and 24 hour race. I would love to RAAM qualify there but I am going to have to see how things go. I hope that 4 months is enough time to train properly. It just takes so much time, it requires a lot of support and understanding from my partner at home to be gone so much.

I do know my motivation is starting to come back when I start looking at events and planning into the future. I have started to do that in the last couple of days so I will pick some events and keep things rolling. I also may skip some of the organized centuries I have done around this area that I have already done and just find some good buddies to do them either the weekend before or after the regular ride.

No comments: